Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Story Time, a bumper crop



Earlier this year, Scott Carrier broke a deal with himself:

“A few years ago, before I started this podcast, I promised myself I’d never produce another story about the battle over public lands in southern Utah.” But with what we’ve witnessed over the last year or so, he’s decided to pick things back up, this time looking at the Bears Ears National Monument. He’s now on Episode 5 in this series for his Home of The Brave podcast:




All the earlier episodes are worth a listen too, but especially 3: Sand Island Petroglyphs and 4: The Hopi Way.



I should also mention here that the most in-depth, honest, and relevant interview I’ve come across on the Bears Ears Monument in the past year has been this interview with Angelo Baca and Thomas Murphy from John Dehlin’s Mormon Stories show.



This American Life just aired an entire great show about The Walls (our own and others’), with this very cool interactive map.


And Radiolab is getting their Cormac McCarthy on with a series they're calling Border Trilogy.



related:



No comments: