Monday, August 11, 2008

clothesline

“here’s what I’m eating these days. where I drink coffee. what I’m reading. this is a picture of my hand petting my pets. my pets sleeping. my roomba. my pets’ fearsome jealousy thereof. and the ongoing account of how I am reconciling all these petty crises, on a post by post basis…”

who are we trying to kid? let’s just put ‘er there and agree that all this blogging business is about narcissism and exhibitionism. and the shortest distance between a narcissist and his own exhibition is a clothesline. so here’s my laundry.


I’m even showing you my ankle socks here, and those are some things I’ve never been proud of. altogether pretty humiliating. but look how easy line drying clothes can be. we just loaf around all day like this! my rashes have all vanished and I’ve added cubits to my stature! and then there’s this website where you can learn other things like about how electric clothes driers use 5-10% of the household electricity in the US and how, yes, it looks like it’s become a movement.

6 comments:

T.R. said...

What're you reading? Also I like that that giant curtain drying in the sun also works as a hammock.

english said...

it's The Crossing and it was really good. wolf traps, horse thieves, lots of dreams, gypsies, two brothers.

hey, nice gold nugget.

ash said...

Ahh, a true sight of a beautiful day.

Matsby said...

The Crossing huh? Well that one paragraph looked cool. I'm gonna check it out.

Also those pictures are rad.

erin said...

hey there, I'm just going to go ahead and ask, then do it before you respond, but I want to link this great post on my blog. Ok? Good. Guess what, can't run with you :(
Threw my back out and am one laid-up bum. Maybe J will ride bikes and I'll ride in the vehicle...

english said...

ash- you guys crack any more boogieboards on Saturday? I think I got poison oak or something.

gatsby- yeah I think that you would like it. I finally went and watched the Cormac McCarthy interview w/ Oprah, which was kinda sucky.

erin- wha'happen? so are you out for Moab too? seriously, wtf?! next time you're planning a run/race maybe best to keep it secret so the universe can't conspire against you. "oh nothing, just going for some groceries, that's all. dum dee dum."